2.09.2007

...Hopefully Get Better

So after a short hiatus, Exclusion and Embrace is back with yet another format. My reasoning for breaking from the blog world was two-fold. The primary reason was that it was the end of my semester and I was flooded with a wealth of other writing assignments as well as exams I needed to prepare for. The second reason was that I had no idea how to format the blog to suit my hopes. This has never really been a whats-going-on-in-my-life type blog. For that you can go to my wife's blog, here. I've wanted it to be a forum for social dialogue. I specifically wanted that dialogue to focus around a critique of the Church, both doctrinal and ethical. In other words, my goal was to wrestle, along with some friends, with what it is to be a follower of Christ in the West and, specifically, in the United States. I have come to believe that our primary role as a follower of Christ is peacemaker. I also believe that understanding what it is to be a Christ-follower will force us to renounce certain social allegiances we formerly held as well as broaden our scope of social concern. Those social issues are what I hope to wrestle with from here on out. I also hope to do it more collaboratively. I will be dialoguing with theologians, both past and present, as well as asking other people to write articles for this blog. My hope is to eventually for a league similar to Burnside Writers Collective but with a slightly more theological bent. If you want to be involved, email me at listenthinkactlive@hotmail.com. That's all for now.

Peace and Love,
Shaun

2 Comments:

Blogger Rockel said...

welcome back

19:48  
Blogger Bethany said...

I second that.

21:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home